“Top Agricultural Awards in India”
Agribusiness is said to be the backbone of the Indian economy that contributes around 23 percent to the Gross Domestic Product (GDP) and employs more than 70 percent of the entire populace within the nation. Nearly all rural India is dependent on agribusiness and related exercises like animal cultivation, dairy, poultry, and fisheries. Agri segment performs not only to bolster millions of hungry stomachs but moreover helps in ensuring food stocks and also export of food surplus.
Introduction to Agricultural Awards
Enormous work has been done in the past few years by the agriculturists, analysts, researchers, agro-industries, individual institutions, NGOs, etc to convert the agribusiness and united sectors in India. Consequently, the agricultural awards are given to honor these individuals for their immense commitment to the field. Agricultural awards in India are given by different well-known institutions as well as the government.
List of Agricultural Awards
Indian Council of Agricultural Research, ICAR awards
The ICAR is an autonomous body that facilitates and oversees agrarian research and education in India. ICAR offers numerous awards to the ranchers as well as the agribusiness institutions for their exceptional commitment and development.This award is annual in nature and has prize money worth Rs. 1 Lakh.
Institutions that have been awarded by India Council of Agricultural Research Award
- Sardar Patel Outstanding ICAR Institution Award
- Chaudhary Devi Lal Outstanding All India Coordinated Research Project Award
- Pandit DeenDayal Upadhyay Krishi Vigyan ProtshahanPuraskar(National& Zonal)
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee ICAR Challenge Award
- Rafi Ahmed Kidwai Award for Outstanding Research in Agricultural Sciences
- Vasantrao Naik Award for Outstanding Research Application in Dry Land Farming Systems
- Fakhruddin Ali Ahmed Award for Outstanding Research in Tribal Farming Systems
Crystal National Agri Awards
Foundations by the Crystal Group, these awards felicitate individuals who have made difference to the field of agribusiness. It has 12 awards for ranchers who have adopted dynamic cultivating techniques, farming technology, modern farming techniques, green farming, development in farming or milk production, fruit production, poultry cultivating, and sericulture. It gives 6 awards to scientists and researchers and one to the NGO. There’s also a Special Jury Award for a person for his lifetime commitment within the field of agricultural improvement.
Mahindra Samriddhi India Agri Awards
The prime objective of the ‘Mahindra Samriddhi India Agri Awards’ is to honor and recognize the commitments made by the unsung heroes within the field of Indian agriculture.
- Krishi Prerna Samman (Farmer of the year – Female)
- Krishi Shiksha Samman (Agricultural University in India)
Udyan Pandit Award
The Udyan Pandit Grant is given for brilliance in the development of natural products developed in India. An award is given in each of the following natural product categories:
It is supported by the National Horticultural Board awarded at state as well as national levels.
Agriculture Leadership Awards
The worldwide leadership summit and awards are being given by the Indian Committee of Food and Agriculture with the support of the Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare; Ministry of Food Processing Industries and Ministry of Commerce. The grant categories include
- Best Fisheries State Award
- International Authority Award
- Life Time Accomplishment Grant etc.
The Borlaug Award
The Borlaug Award is an award given by a fertilizer company, Coromandel International, to exceptional Indian researchers for their research and commitments within the field of agribusiness and environment.
Awards by State Government
Each state government in India has also instituted a few awards to recognize the commitment of agriculturists.
- Punjab is given the title of “Hero of the Farmers”.
- West Bengal is awarded KrishakSanmanPuraskar, Krishi Ratna, Krishi Rabi Award
- Bihar is titled as Best Progressive Farmer, Green Lady Award
- Jharkhand is rewarded as Best SRI farmer Award, SarwashreshthKrishakPuruskar
- Andaman and Nicobar Islands is certified and awarded with Island’s Best Farmer Award, Lt Governor’s Commendation Certificate